Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ada Lovelace Day Hangover



















I feel wiped out today. I only had one tiny glass of wine with my women friends, but I drank abundantly from the fountain of inspiration that was Ada Lovelace Day. I spent many hours reading hundreds of posts about terrific women in science and technology. Today I'm trying to make sense of it all. Here are a few insights I came up with:
  • The shorter blogs were the best. Mine was too long. :-)
  • Bullets are good.
  • Attention spans are even shorter than they were last year when we celebrated Ada Lovelace Day. Are they going to keep getting shorter? What has Twitter done to us?
  • Blogs that taught me something held my interest.
  • The best blogs included pictures, videos, and personal stories.
  • The most moving blogs were about multiple women and communities of women.
  • Good writing matters. The blogs that I read from beginning to end were written by professional writers or people who blog frequently.
I made a list of my favorite blogs here:

2 comments:

  1. Good golly, wish I had TIME to click on all your links and see what you've been reading! Thanks for posting them, though. I hadn't known about Ada Lovelace before.

    Blessings,
    Liz Opp(enheimer), The Good Raised Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. I checked out a few, very interesting. And I hadn't known about Ada Lovelace before either. I've gotta hitch a ride back to earth!

    ReplyDelete