Sunday, April 4, 2010

iPad vs. Kindle: Both Winners!



People keep asking me if I will give up my Kindle now that I have an iPad. Well, actually I don't have an iPad yet. My husband bought one, but I have been able to tear it out of his hands some. In fact I'm typing this blog post on it. (The keyboard is not easy to use, by the way. Don't plan on giving up your Mac.) Back to the Kindle, I don't plan on giving it up either, and the main reason is that it is quite a bit smaller and lighter than the iPad. (I have the small Kindle.) It's just right for "sleep reading." I'm an avid reader, but I admit to often dozing after an hour or so of reading, with the Kindle on my lap or next to me in bed. Also the Kindle screen is easier on the eyes. My eyes dry out after using the iPad for a while.

Despite all this, I love the iPad. Web sites are gorgeous on it. My favorite app is Art Authority. Art looks fantastic on it, especially modern art. I get into an almost meditative state and experience a peaceful joy, lasting hours, when I use Art Authority. Full disclosure: my husband and his colleagues developed Art Authority. I think it was a plot to get the wife to be quiet and happy. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your comments. I'm drooling over the idea of an iPad, for the e-reader...and for apps like Art Authority...thanks for the full disclosure...when I finally get the iPad, I'll be sooo proud when I open the app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby Said:
    That is an amazing story so far! I have pleased to read the entirety of the post about iPad. I am in agreement with you that sometimes keyboard is hard to type that is why iPad is awesome to press. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete