Friday, July 8, 2016

Cisco Live 2016!



I'm attending Cisco Live this year! This will be my first Cisco Live in five years, so I'm a little nervous. I have memories of being run down by hordes of young men swinging large backpacks. :-) But I also have memories of learning amazing new technologies, getting to know fellow networking nerds, and cool hats!

My first Cisco Live (Networkers) was in Palo Alto in 1995. I think that was the best hat year.*


The Session Catalog - Cisco Live US 2016 this year holds great promise!


I'm most looking forward to:

  • A new hat
  • Maroon 5
  • 13 Smart Ways to Program Your Cisco Network [BRKCRS-3114]
  • Containers on Routers and Switches: Run Your Apps and Tools Natively on Cisco Boxes [BRKSDN-2116]
  • OpenStack Deployment in the Enterprise and Service Provider [BRKDCT-2367]
  • Techniques of a Network Detective [BRKARC-2002]
  • Software Defined Network Automation Architectures [BRKDCT-2027]
  • Network Transformation and Essential Skills for Next Generation Network Engineers [BRKSPG-1000]
And of course this panel discussion (I'm on the panel): Build Your Personal Brand with Social Media. [CISSOL-1113]

*For a history of Cisco Live hats, see this article by Fryguy: http://www.fryguy.net/2014/03/25/cisco-live-hats-over-the-years

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for the informative post.
    reflective vest

    ReplyDelete